Accepting awards in WordPress – so I hope people will forgive me when I don’t immediately respond — I just don’t quite know what to say or what the proper etiquette should be in these cases. I’ve never accepted compliments well – must be a certain amount of disbelief on my end that people care enough to make the compliment. This is a character flaw I am working on – along with a very detailed list of other flaws (ones I put on the list and ones others have told me about – usually not the same people who compliment me!). Any way — I have been lucky enough to have my fellow blogger at allthingsboys.wordpress.com nominate me for not only the Versatile Blogger – but now for the Sunshine Award also! Wow — what can one say to that but Thank You! I understand there are some rules around these awards where I need to nominate others for these awards also — so I will try to cover both sets of rules with one post.
The Versatile Blogger Award
The first thing I’m supposed to do is tell 7 things about myself that you don’t know, which is really hard since I’m all about over-sharing:
1. I always wanted to be 6 feet tall — but only made it to 5’10”. Those two inches would come in really handy now – to hide the extra weight a little easier.
2. I don’t like having my picture taken – something probably related to taking a compliment well. I destroy a lot of pictures of myself and tell my children to tell everyone their mother looked like Sophia Loren. They don’t know who that is but they think it sounds exotic.
3. I look NOTHING like Sophia Loren. I’m not Italian. I’m not exotic looking. I’m your every-day, run-of-the-mill, Irish-German-Swedish American. Or as I like to tell my granddaughter – I’m tall, smart and beautiful. Can’t beat that.
4. I’m related to George Washington through my mother’s family. We are related to his half-brother Lawrence Phillips – and I have the papers to prove it – and the nose!
5. I love to sing – specifically I love to sing with my daughter Becky and now my granddaughter, Lizzie. Nothing better than make ‘our voices join’ as Lizzie likes to say.
7. I learned to read when I was five because I was confined to a hospital bed for 6 months with rheumatic fever. Been hooked ever since and have a hard time understanding people who don’t like to escape to new and wonderful worlds!
The Sunshine Award
Sunshine Award Rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. Favorite color? Purple & Red
2. Favorite animal? Platypus – just makes me laugh every time I think about it.
3. Favorite number? 6. I came from a family of 6 women – and now I have a family of 6
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Diet coke – and possibly a cherry limeade
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Actually neither — prefer face-to-face.
6. My passion? Learning
7. Prefer getting or giving presents? Giving — like finding the ‘perfect’ gift!
8. Favorite pattern? Probably paisley — definitely a child of the 60/70’s.
9. Favorite day of the week? Probably Sunday – love the routine – taking grandchildren to Mass, lunch with family – and just going for a drive.
10. Favorite flower? Anything colorful!
The next thing I’m supposed to do for these awards is to nominate others – but I think of all the people I follow – and so I have to nominate them all for both awards. They have all made me laugh, made me cry, make me want to see new things – but most of all — they have made me want to continue sharing with others. Thank you all for sharing with me and making me a better person!